Hello from Mumbai! I am glad our group made it here. We were scheduled to fly Jet Air but due to two pilots being sacked they decided to have a strike causing a cancellation of all flights. Luckily we were able to get booked on a low cost carrier called Spice Jet for the 1.5 hour flight. We got into Mumbai around 5pm and then had an hour drive to our hotel, The Taj President. Mumbai is MUCH different than Delhi. I think it is more beautiful - more green, massive amounts of waterfront... etc. Also, you can tell the city is much richer. Higher end shops, nicer cars, more modern buildings. I have a feeling i may like Mumbai better than Delhi.
Last night I was pretty tired so I stayed back from some of the group and grabbed a drink and dinner at the hotel. I ate at the Indian restaurant here. I had a good server who explained some of the regional differences within Indian cuisines. Most of the Indian back in states is North Indian. South Indian uses more seafood, coconut, and has different spices and peppers. A very informative meal!
Today we are going to visit Expeditors at the Port of Mumbai. This should be exciting as Expeditors is based out of Seattle.
Will keep you updated.
Paul
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment